Everywhere you turn, there seems to be someone who is blocking you from making progress on your idea. These innovation antibodies seems to have one more reason as to why your idea won't work.
In this weeks Killer Innovations Show, we are answering a listener question on how to deal with these innovation antibodies. Here are the 8 ways I deal with anti-bodies so that I can move forward.
- Background: Know your area and your idea cold.
- Preparation: Know as much as you can about the antibody.
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions): Prepare a set of frequently asked questions and know the answers cold.
- Craft your story: It's not about the facts (or logic) but in telling the story in a personal way for the anti-body.
- Practice: Know your idea, FAQ and story. Do NOT memorize …
- Subvert: Get the antibody to endorse your idea by getting them to contribute (Dirty coffee cup approach)
- Influencers: Identify who has influence on the anti-body and get the influences on your side of the idea.
- Ask for forgiveness: Just do it — and then ask for forgiveness
Bonus Question: Should you “go around” the person and take it to their boss? (Hint: NO!)
Listen to this week's show, 8 Ways To Deal With Innovation Antibodies Who are Blocking You S12 Ep10.