Segment 1: Career advice for the creative/innovation economy
- Find mentors: Look for different mentor/apprenticeships over your career to gain different skills/perspecive.
- Find and feed your passion: With passion, your sucess is all but gaurenteed
- Change jobs/change industries: Don’t get stuck in the same role. Change roles and expand your experience and perspective.
- Constant Learning: Learn something new — outside your industry.
- Family: Recognize that your success is a team (family team) sport
- Friends/Networks: Help other in your network before you ask them to help you. Pay it forward
Segment 2: Killer Questions
Create killer questions beyond the normal product and services innovation. The other possible areas of innovations include:
- Industry Structure
- Value Delivery System
- New Competitive Arena
- Existing products to new customers
- New products to existing customers
Segment 3: Closing Thought
“I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed 26 times. I’ve failed over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.” Michael Jordan