The idea haters will come up with ways to attack, challenge and discredit your idea. They play the Innovation FUD (Fear Uncertainty and Doubt) game. The innovation FUD they can throw, the more likely you will either give up or your boss will be scared off.
Segment 1: Fighting Innovation FUD (Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt)
The basis for FUD?
- Fear of Change
- Fear in the skill set
- Fear based on negative memories
- Uncertainty based on the unknown nature of innovations
- Doubt based on inability to see a path to success
- Doubt based on memories of past failures
What can you do?
- Be transparent
- Educate them
- Teach them the new skill
- Start small
- Get them to own the ideas
- Measure and report
- Repeat steps 1 through 6 and never stop
Segment 2: Killer Question
Less is more: Its not about how much time you put it. When I’ve back off, the solution comes to me.
Set personal priorities: The Five F’s for me in priority order ….