Dateline: Sunnyvale, CA
Segment 1: Observations Skills (exercise)
- Observe a man and a woman
- Document everything they do (touch their hair, holding hands, reaching into their pockets) until you get to 20 items on your list
- Look at the list and try to understand who they are (are the friends, are they married, are they co-workers)
- Repeat the process with a new couple
- Now, only list items that are of interest to you (emotional, aesthetic, etc.) until you get to 20 items
Why did you choose the items you did?
Compare the two lists? What would you have missed had you not forced yourself to list everything?
What things are you missing when brainstorming?
Segment 2: Contradictions Leading to Innovations
One of TRIZ’s fundamental tools is to look at contradictions as a starting point for creativity, invention and innovations
There are two types of contradictions: physical and technical
Segment 3: Killer Question Of The week
Segment 4: Final Thought
“Do not confuse motion and progress. A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress”
Alfred A Montapert