Segment 1: Prioritizing Your Ideas
- – Rank your ideas by scoring them against the 5 Key Question
- – Assign an estiamte of when the idea will become a product
- 3 timeline buckets (example: 1-2 yrs, 3-5 yrs, +5 yrs)
- If on the border, round up!
- – Rank order the ideas based on their score (first step) within each timeline bucket
- Forces you to spread the risk and rank ideas in each risk catagory (e.g. time)
- Challenges you to ensure you have ideas in each bucket
- – Within each bucket, review to ensure:
- Ideas are aligned with current and emerging trends
- Ensure you will have a contribution to make (align with big “R” research)
- It’s all about execution
Segment 2: Killer Questions Of The Week
Can you execute against the best ideas?
- Do we have the structural attributes to be a shaper?
- Can we get our groups excitied?
- Will senior management support it?
Segment 3: Closing Thought
“It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.” Franklin D. Roosevelt