This weeks guest was Robert Scoble. Robert was the futurist at Rackspace who recently announced he was joining UploadVR. In this new role, Robert will be covering the latest advances in virtual reality and augmented reality.
During the interview, Robert and I discussed:
- SXSW and what was the buzz at the show.
- His perception of hot innovation and technologies from his most recent travels (e.g. South Africa)
- His passion and interest in virtual reality
- Why he thinks augmented reality will be the big game changer for adoption
- His view of the types of content that are coming and when.
- His plans with the move to UploadVR
Some of the companies we talk about include:
About Robert Scoble
Robert is a blogger, technical evangelist, and author. Scoble is best known for his now-defunct blog, Scobleizer, which came to prominence during his tenure as a technology evangelist at Microsoft. He previously worked for Rackspace and the Rackspace sponsored community site Building 43promoting breakthrough technology and startups. He previously worked for Fast Company as a video blogger.
On March 10, 2016, Robert Scoble announced via his blog that he will be joining UploadVR. April 4, 2016 will be his last day at Rackspace.
Listen to this weeks show: Robert Scoble on Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality S11 Ep51