Dateline: Sunnyvale, CA
Segment 1: 5 Fears of Innovators: When we come up with a new ideas, we have to face down the fears and doubts that will talk us out of making the idea real. Ideas without execution are a hobby.
- Someone has already done it
- Once executed, my ideas never turn out as good as I dreamed it
- I’ve never done this before …. I don’t know enough …. I don’t have all of the answers
- My BLANK (family, friends, co-workers, etc) will think I’m crazy
- Someone will steal my idea – so I can’t talk about it
Segment 2: External Innovation: Networks: There are a number of sources of ideas and innovations that you can use. Don’t depend on one but instead build out a broad network of idea and innovation sources.
- Venture Capitalists
- Angel Investors
- Other Companies
- Industry Groups
- Individual Inventors
Segment 3: Killer Question
“To Be truly creative, you have to work beyond what you know. Pushing the envelope is what being creative is all about”