Segment 1: Overcoming the Mid-Project Blues
- Project go through three phases
- Start-up Enthusiasm
- Mid-Project Blues
- End-of-Project Euphoria (blog entry on recent launch)
- How do you overcome?
- Remind yourself why you started the project (e.g. go back to you notebooks and re-live the start)
- Take break … go on vacation
- Come up with new ideas for the project (e.g. develop the plans for after launch)
Segment 2: Listener Question
“I’m a creative person. How do I get a job that is a better fit?”
Segment 3: Creativity Exercise
For this exercise, you will need:
- – Paper or something else to write on (e.g. index cards)
- – Pen or pencil
- – A stop watch or egg timer
- – imagine you were just given a pen made of clear plastic
- – There is one issue – it has no ink.
- – In one minute, how many ideas can you come up with?
The most I’ve seen is about a dozen or so ….. all in one minute.